The policy and procedures aim to ensure that:
1. A formal process exists whereby learners and stakeholders can provide feedback, compliments and complaints, which are used to shape and inform good practice and to inform continuous improvement.
2. Learners and stakeholders are aware of how to raise concerns and issues directly with Fleetmaster Training and how to make a formal complaint against a complaint outcome if they are not satisfied with the response.
3. Fleetmaster Training is accountable for responding to concerns, complaints and appeals in a consistently appropriate and timely manner, through an open and transparent process.
4. The Relevant Manager taking full responsibility for investigating and resolving formal complaints.
5. Fleetmaster Training meets any external requirements as an education provider in terms of legislation and good practice.
6. A separate formal process exists for qualification appeals procedure should any learner wish to appeal against an assessment decision.
Fleetmaster Training welcomes all comments and suggestions about the services it provides and aims to resolve any expression of dissatisfaction sensitively and confidentially; informally in the first instance with a focus on early resolution.
Fleetmaster Training is confident that most issues and expressions of dissatisfaction will be resolved by staff at an informal level. However, if it is not possible to satisfactorily resolve these issues, complainants should follow the complaints procedure as outlined within this policy. We intend to ensure that all
complaints/appeals are handled fairly and consistently, and without bias or disadvantage to any learner involved, and with the aim of satisfactorily resolving the complaint wherever possible.
This policy and procedures will apply consistently across the organisation and should be adopted when dealing with all stakeholders, i.e. learners, employers, external organisations, partners etc. If a complainant wishes a matter to be raised on their behalf by a chosen representative, i.e. parent, guardian, friend, this will need to be confirmed to Fleetmaster Training in writing.
Fleetmaster Training will ensure that:
• The Complaints and Compliments Procedure will be communicated to all Fleetmaster Training staff and to all learners.
• Receipt of formal complaints to be acknowledged in writing within 2 working days of receipt to the complainant, outlining what will happen next and timeframes for this action.
• A formal response is made to the complainant within 10 working days with a resolution or an update on the progress of the formal investigation with reviewed time frames for completion.
• Appropriate action is taken by the relevant person within the organisation, and that they deal with the complaint/appeal objectively and sensitively.
• Good practice underpinned by any relevant legislation is followed as appropriate to the nature of the complaint.
• The complainant will receive written confirmation of the outcome of the investigation and any agreed actions for the dispute to reach it conclusion
Providing Feedback and Compliments procedure
Feedback, compliments and complaints should be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Relevant Manager will log all feedback/compliments and inform the relevant individual / Manager if they are not aware of the feedback/compliment.
The Relevant Manager will acknowledge feedback/compliments that have been made in writing.
The information received will be reviewed bi-annually and used to inform best practice.
Any learner who disagree with an assessment decision must follow the appeals procedure.
When any customer of Fleetmaster Training is dissatisfied with any aspect of the service and care they receive, they should communicate this at the earliest opportunity with the relevant member of Fleetmaster Training staff for this to be addressed and resolved.
All complaints should be made in writing and submitted to email@example.com where the Quality Manager will log and investigate the details of the complaint.
Receipt of formal complaints/appeals to be acknowledged in writing within 2 working days of receipt, outlining what will happen next and timeframes for this action.
Any member of Fleetmaster Training staff dealing with a complaint should not be subject to any form of verbal or physical violence or aggression from the complainant, with appropriate action being taken against anyone displaying these behaviours.
A formal response is made to the complainant within 10 working days with a resolution or an update on the progress of the formal investigation with reviewed time frames for completion.
Appropriate action is taken that the compliant is dealt with objectively and sensitively.
Good practice underpinned by any relevant legislation is followed as appropriate to the nature of the complaint.
The complainant will receive written confirmation of the outcome of the investigation and any agreed actions for the dispute to reach it conclusion.
All feedback / compliments, informal and formal complaints, will be reviewed bi-annually by the Relevant Manager and feed back to the Management Team. This will enable identifiable patterns of good practice and areas for development.
If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the original complaint by the Relevant Manager and wishes to appeal the original outcome decision, this can be escalated to the Fleetmaster Training Director to be investigated further.
The Fleetmaster Training Director will carry out a full investigation considering all the evidence and will respond with a formal response within 10 working days of the receipt of the complaint.
If the complainant is still dissatisfied and / or feels that their complaint has not been dealt with fairly and effectively, they should seek advice and assistance from the following bodies:
Fleetmaster OSS Limited
56 RCM Business Centre